Program – Little Angels
Our Chula Vista Preschool Services
- Our Childcare/Preschool is open- Monday thru Friday 6:30am-6:00pm.
- Small classes and low child-to-teacher ratios
- Balanced nutritious hot meals and snacks (fruits & veggies)
- Bilingual environment: English/Spanish
- Child academic assessments
- Parent/teacher conferences
Lesson plans are designed to accommodate each age group. Our curriculum is designed to meet all levels of development and help each child reach their full potential. We plan activities that will stimulate the child’s knowledge and learning skills. Children have an opportunity to develop self-help skills and independence and to practice and model happy, healthy behaviors. We emphasize respect, good manners, hygiene, sharing, fellowship and more.
Child care: We provide all-day child care and preschool children with snacks, nap time, and supervised play included.
Pre-school lessons: We encourage children to explore, ask questions, try new things, and learn to love learning! Your child will be able to partake in arts and crafts, basic reading, and story time. Our focus is on teaching Christian values and helping children grow intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and socially.
NOTE: Parents will be notified of any illness, accident, or emergency that may occur while their child is in our care.
The Desired Results Development Profile (DRDP) is a Developmental Continuum from Early Infancy to Kindergarten Entry. It is a formative assessment instrument developed by the California Department of Education for young children and their families to be used to inform instruction and program development. All our students are monitored and assessed utilizing this formative assessment for developmental benchmarks. These are communicated with parents during parent meeting conferences. Assessments are done once per year and parents will be notified of parent meeting conferences two weeks before the meeting. We pride ourselves in our parent/school partnerships that help nurture the development of your child. Lead teachers, with assistance from teacher aides, will gather information for portfolio assessments of individual children. These assessments will include written regular anecdotal observations, photos, samples of artwork, and other examples of child’s development. We try to gather samples of all areas of development: physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and language, including descriptions of body language communication. Observations are used to assess the needs of children, to plan curriculum and to problem-solve when children have special needs. Good written anecdotal observations are invaluable when working with parents and making referrals to other professionals. They also provide a record of a child’s developmental milestones.
If you have any questions about child assessments please don’t hesitate to call us at 619-621-5695.
Current tuition rates are based upon the type and schedule of service the family requires: full-time care, part-time care, pre-school only, drop in care, hourly, or Daily Tuition. Amount and payment schedule will be discussed during the interview process and adhered to as agreed upon signing of contract. We accept all alternative programs such as: YMCA, CDA, PCG, NACCRA, and other related programs. Tuition payment is due the Friday prior to the week of service. We accepts payments in the form of cash, check, cashier’s check, or money order.
Checks or money orders should be made payable to Little Angels Child Development Center.
At the end of each year, private-pay families will be provided with a W-10 form for tax purposes.
Admissions – Little Angels
Thank you for considering enrolling your child(ren) with us.
1ST MEETING (BRING COMPLETED APPLICATION)
- Download application for registration here:
- Contact us and schedule initial meeting: (619) 621-5695
- Meet with our Childcare Administrator/Staff and tour the facility
- Find out about openings. (If there is a waiting list, get on the waiting list)
- Submit Completed Application form.
- Discuss Tuition Options
2ND MEETING (THE ORIENTATION)
- Attend an orientation with the childcare administrator/Staff
a) Allow 30 to 40 minutes for the orientation
b)***Bring shot records****
- Fill out enrollment package (provided at orientation)
- Submit the $100 registration fee
- If you are legally married, both parents must be present at the time of enrollment
WAITING LIST PROCEDURE
The following information is an attempt to clarify waiting list policies. Please read it carefully.
- At least one member from your family must make an appointment with the Director for an on-site visit prior to being placed on our waiting list
- Once your name has been placed on a waiting list, you will remain active for a period of six months. You are responsible for calling the Childcare office once a month to stay active on the list or when you are no longer interested in remaining on the list.